Tuesday 7 November 2017

Charity Shop Shuttles

About once a year I am lucky enough to pick up some tatting shuttles from the Red Cross Charity Shop in a town 3 miles from where I live.    I try never to miss visiting this shop, it is in an old building, not very big and you have to go right to the back where the haberdashery bits are tucked away. It is amazing what other bits and pieces I have picked up in the past from the shop.


Here is a picture of everything packaged or put neatly in baskets


Oh and the amazing thing is the shuttles were only 50p each!  Probably because no one knows what they are for.

4 comments:

  1. Great deal! I went into John Lewis this summer and was looking for a shuttle. My friend just went up and asked where they were and the young lady was sure they didn't have any. I kept looking and found them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Michelle John Lewis is a really good shop and most times the staff can point you to anything you ask for, especially if they stock it, but tatting shuttles are probably not asked for that often! Pleased you managed to find them though.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed looking in charity shops when I was in England 3 years ago. I found a whole box of size 40 thread for next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane you can find some real bargains, make interesting shopping

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment