Tuesday 9 May 2017

Too many things on the go

Yes that is right I have too many things on the go at the moment, not only with regard to tatting but other parts of my life seem to be very busy, leaving little time to finish off what I have already started!   This is a trim that is going to go on a Summer Dress I have just made.



The pattern is Shepherd's Hey from Mary Konior's A Pattern Book of Tatting. 

I have also started tatting a rectangle doily, which has put an abrupt stop to this trim ever getting sewn on the dress in the immediate future.    The reason why I started the doily is that I would like to make piece of tatting for an exhibition that I am actually organising and will take place in July.  Already forms are coming in and the administration is starting to pile up.    Mainly it will be paintings on show but we hope to get other art forms, already a girl who makes 'steam punk' items out of leather wants to exhibit what she has made, not quite every ones scene but they are truly artistic.  

So back to my shuttles!


7 comments:

  1. Good to be busy. I like the braid, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trim is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds fun. I'm going to be in England from July 5th to the 14th, can I get details about your exhibition? I promise not to pester you...

    Great edging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle the exhibition only starts on 14th July otherwise it would be great to see you there.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fascinating exhibition that is a big undertaking of you too, wish you well, love you trim too🌹💟🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a massive undertaking but I have some great people to help me and more importantly it is going to be fun!

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment